Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Carnegie Mellon University Children's School is part of the Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences' Department of Psychology and is one of the most popular programs in the Pittsburgh area. The Children's School is a laboratory school that is actively involved in preschool and kindergarten education, developmental research, undergraduate teaching and training of both pre-service and practicing educators. Educators model best practices for early childhood education by designing thematic curriculum for active exploration and equipping parents to extend children's learning at home.
The Children's School offers model preschool and kindergarten programs for approximately 72 children ages 3-6 years. Our program runs from September through mid-May, with the option of a half-day summer camp in June.
We are seeking an Associate Teacher to join our staff!
Core responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Teachers to plan and implement assigned individual or group activities with children such as helping with greeting and dismissal of children, activity planning, implementation and clean up, snack/lunch preparation, children's diapering, toileting and dressing, and playground preparation, supervision and cleanup.
- Maintains the School's safety and sanitation standards; and reports signs of a child's illness to the Educational Administrator or Director.
- Participates in staff meetings, unit planning and evaluation, professional development, and other all-staff activities.
- May be asked to lead or substitute for Teachers re: the children's programming.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within The Children's School. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years' experience teaching or instructional experience
- Successful Background Check, including Act 153 clearances
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!
Additional information about the children's school can be found here: https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/psychology/cs/
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Cyert Center and Children's School
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance