Adjunct Faculty QUEST/MAT Teacher Preparation Program, SOE Fall 2023
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Location: Teaneck, New Jersey
Internal Number: 9129
Position: Multiple Adjunct Roles
Location: Metro Campus in Teaneck and/or Campus at Florham in Madison (in-person classes)
All adjunct positions require a Master's degree in a related field and teaching experience unless otherwise indicated; candidates with an ABD, Ed.D., or Ph.D. are encouraged to apply. Proficiency in a Learning Management System is required, consistent with University guidelines.
Seeking faculty for:
EDUC 1108 Seminar in Professional Practice I: The Teacher's Role in School and Community
EDUC 2209 Seminar in Professional Practice II: Teachers as Educational Leaders
EDUC 6797 Multisensory Mathematics Instruction for Student with Disabilit
For all courses:
1. An earned Master's in Education
2. Teaching experience in culturally and linguistically diverse and inclusive P-12 schools
3. Commitment to working with diverse students in early childhood, elementary, middle, or high school settings
4. Availability to teach daytime undergraduate classes in the BA/MAT five-year teacher preparation program.
For EDUC 6797 –
5. Strong background in providing support services that prioritize and implement inclusive placement and disrupt disproportionate classification in special education.
6. Practical expertise and experience in special education, numeracy education, universal design for learning, learners with both mild and moderate to severe disabilities, educational and assistive technologies, and/or educational assessment.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf