Members to NAGC can receive three publications -- Parenting for Gifted Children, Teaching for High Potential, and the academic journal, Gifted Child Quarterly. All are available through the mail and online.
Adjunct Faculty - Music Education, Teacher Education
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Internal Number: 494571
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. It was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country and is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) now the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The College of Education and the Department of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics, and Movement Education (STEAM) is searching for qualified and experienced adjuncts in the area of Music Education and related areas. All positions require availability during the regular school day.
The appointment consists of, but is not limited to teaching a broad range of courses that include online, face-to-face or hybrid courses and supervision of teacher candidates. The successful candidate will demonstrate a constructivist based theoretical framework centered on a philosophy that is a grounded in social justice.
· Master’s degree or higher in Music Education and/or related area from an accredited institution of higher education in a field at the time of appointment.
· A minimum of 3 years of successful music teaching in P-12 settings.
· Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
· Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people.
· Demonstrated commitment to working with P-12 schools.
· A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education.
· Experience with the Danielson Framework.
· Experience with performance assessment measures, including edTPA.
· Experience teaching in elementary or secondary music settings.
· Experience teaching content in areas such as: band, choir, orchestra, general music, instrumental lessons, voice lessons, music theatre, and/or music technology.
Starting Date: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
A top 100 national public research institution, Rowan University offers bachelor’s through doctoral and professional programs in person and online to 23,000 students through its main campus in Glassboro, N.J., its medical school campuses in Camden and Stratford, and five others. Home to Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; Ric Edelman College of Communication & Creative Arts; William G. Rohrer College of Business; Virtua Health College of Medicine & Health Sciences; Cooper Medical School of Rowan University and the School of Osteopathic Medicine, it also comprises the colleges of Education, Humanities & Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science & Mathematics; Virtua Health School of Nursing & Health Professions; the schools of Earth & Environment; Innovation & Entrepreneurship; Translational Biomedical Engineering & Sciences; Veterinary Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; and a multidisciplinary honors college. Rowan focuses on practical research at the intersection of engineering, medicine, science and business while ensuring excellence in undergraduate education. The University has earned national recognition for innovation; commitment to high-quality, af...fordable education; and developing public-private partnerships. A Carnegie-classified (R2/high research activity) institution, Rowan has been recognized as the fourth fastest-growing public research university for three consecutive years as reported by The Chronicle of Higher Education.