Department: College of Education and Human Development (CEHD)
Outreach Coordinator, Division of Advanced Professional Teacher Development and International Education
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Outreach Coordinator to strengthen a dynamic outreach and administrative team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Join a dedicated group of professionals as Outreach Coordinator and serve as the primary marketing manager and recruiter for our graduate teacher education programs in the division. This 20 hour-per-week, part-time hourly wage position offers a flexible work schedule, supportive work environment, and opportunities to work independently to design and enhance our marketing and outreach efforts.
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns reaching K-12 educators, administrators, and leaders to increase visibility of and enrollment within graduate education programs in the division;
- Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with Creative Services, ordering materials, and tracking production;
- Build rapport with prospective students through information sessions, one-on-one advising sessions, phone inquiries and broader communications to support them through the application process;
- Update prospective student database, and track students and applicants from initial contact through enrollment; and
- Accomplish enrollment goals by accepting ownership for the above tasks and exploring new opportunities as they arise.
- Self-starter with strong and effective communication and marketing skills;
- Ability to build relationships with prospective students to ensure successful application experience; and
- Skilled in the use of technology to find and track prospective students and applicants.
- Master's degree; and
- Experience in K-12 education or higher education is a plus.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG4945 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.